In the course of our engineering development, our team at Dlive has discovered some optimal network settings to ensure Streamers can successfully broadcast across the network. Please set up the following Network Success Settings to ensure your client has good network discovery.
Allow dlive.exe through the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Open Control Panel → System and Security → Windows Defender Firewall → Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Change settings to be able to add the Dlive application.
- Click on Allow another app…
- Click Browse, and navigate to the directory containing dlive.exe. Add the application to the Windows Defender Firewall list.
- Scroll down to dlive.exe and check the box for both Private and Public. Click OK.
- Open Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Center → Change advanced sharing settings.
- Find the dropdown for your current profile, typically either Guest or Public.
- Click the radio button “Turn on network discovery” for your profile(s).
- Open the Services program.
- Double click SSDP Discovery, set the Startup type to Automatic, start the service, click Apply, and then OK.
- Double click UPnP Device Host, set the Startup type to Automatic, start the service, click Apply, and then OK.
After making these 3 changes, reboot your Windows machine. Once Windows reboots, double-check the settings and services are still configured correctly.
- Verify Port Forwarding is allowed on port 31600, TCP protocol through router.
VPNs will normally block port forwarding for security. Streamers who are using a VPN will not be able to receive chat messages from Viewers. Streamers can still send chat messages to Viewers.
User reports that the Technicolor router UI sends you to 404 page after inputing incorrect external/internal ports.
- Select a computer (to select yours).
- In Edit firewall settings for this computer, choose Allow individual applications. Then on first column, choose "User-defined", then click the link "Add a new user defined application". It will pop up like the below screenshot.
- Choose Protocol: TCP and Port: 31600
- Set the Application Profile Name to "Dlive" and click Add to List.
- Finally add the newly saved "Dlive" definition by clicking "Add" button in the the "Action" column.
After installing and launching Dlive.exe, click on the "Stream" tab to create your channel. Set your username, channel title, and optionally give a brief channel description.
Dlive Protocol recommends using OBS Studio for the best streaming experience.
Start OBS Studio and navigate to Settings → Stream. Set the stream Service field to Custom. Input rtmp://localhost/app as the Server URL and input your Stream Key, automatically generated from channel creation. Click OK to save the settings.
Under Sources, click the “+” sign to add Audio and Video. Click on Video Input Capture → OK, and select your desired video capture device under the Device dropdown menu. Then click OK and you will see your video source listed, as well as displayed in the main OBS screen. Similarly, click on Audio Input Capture and select your audio device.
Click the Start Streaming button in the main view to begin streaming on the application.
To ensure successful streaming to your audience, adjust the OBS settings based on your hardware and internet speed.
Suggested OBS Studio Settings
200 - 500 kbps*
64 - 128
Common FPS Values
10 - 30*
*Settings are highly dependent on video encoding hardware and Internet upload speeds
Updated 3 months ago
Learn now to enable/disable the chat functionality